A Chippewa Subdistrict Project Advisory Committee (PAC) has been
established by the Muskingum Watershed Conservancy District (MWCD)
Board of Directors to provide an organized public support system
for responsive and effective maintenance of all flood-control structures
and watershed conservation efforts within the Chippewa Subdistrict.
The mission of the PAC shall be to:
- Act as a sounding board and advisory committee to the MWCD
Chief Engineer and Subdistrict Project Coordinator in identifying
and prioritizing projects and long-range maintenance plans.
- Provide forums for soliciting ideas and receiving feedback
from the public, project landowners, adjacent landowners, area
businesses and others interested in the operation and development
of the Subdistrict.
- Act as an advocate both within and outside the Subdistrict
and its mission.
Chippewa Subdistrict Project Advisory Committee
The PAC members in alphabetical order, are:
- Tom James, Medina County Park Director
- George Heater, Rittman City Service Director
- John Knapp, NRCS District Conservationist
- David Kopchak, Chippewa Project Coordinator
- Boris Slogar, P.E., Chief Engineer, MWCD
- Don Steiner, land owner and contractor
- Rodney Tornes, P.E., ODNR Dam Safety
- Robert Workman, dam property owner
Photo shows work on structure